But, it will probably take a little too long to explain, so let me sum up...
- We are a pastor's family in rural Arkansas, city folk learning to absolutely love life around farmers!
- So, obviously, we are a Christian family. That will be reflected in the posts on this blog. We are delighted to have you comment and interact with us regardless of your personal beliefs, and we appreciate your respect for the foundation of who we are.
- We are a homeschooling family. Just click on the Hibbard Elementary label to see just what homeschooling looks like around our house.
- We are a book-loving family. Since long before our little ones learned how to read, they have all three been magnetically drawn to books. It's in their blood, I suppose! Because of that, we are so blessed to be able to use the Sonlight curriculum for our homeschooling, a literature based curriculum that fits our needs and personalities beautifully!
- We have military and missionary heritage in our blood. Doug is from an Air Force family and Ann from a missionary family. Part of that means we've moved. A lot! So, we tend to be a transitory family. (But, we're hoping that our only transition for quite some time is to rearrange furniture inside the parsonage!)
- We love Star Wars and The Princess Bride, and you will often hear quotes of one or the other around the house.
- We love to be together.